Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Murphy's Law...

This is in response to this blog post:http://wifebehindthefire.com/murphy-bastard/

Murphy enjoys breaking cars and me while L is on shift! Two summers ago, my brakes locked up, and I hit stopped traffic. I totaled my car, in the county he works in (the county we live in is bordered by it).

He was coming off shift, but I couldn't reach him. He'd already left, and was on his motorcycle. I called the station, just in case he was still there. His Lt answered, and promptly sent half the county county it seemed like! I refused to let anyone look at me (no serious injuries, lots of airbag and upholstery burns) until L got there.

Fast forward about 18 months, and I'm sitting on the interstate, in stopped traffic, and some fool is gawking off too the side of the road, and hits a car, which hits me, and I tap into the person in front of me who was also stopped. That was the beginning of November, and he was coming off shift, over an hour away. It took until the end if February to get my car in to be fixed, and then 2 (!) months to get it back.

During those two months, I got hit in the rental car! My sedan got hit by a giant Yukon driven by a little old lady, who said she couldn't see me. L was headed on shift at the PT job, but I was in the county bordering that county, so he got the guy coming off shift to cover so he could check on me.

All of my ER visits since meeting him over 5 years ago have been while he's on shift - 'nuff said!

1 comment: