Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Year, New Missy

I'm not usually a resolution kind of girl. They tend to be cheesy, and are easily broken. However, I am totally cheesing it up this year, by making a few.

1) Get Organized!
I started this towards the end of 2014, and now I've got things under better control than I've ever had them! It helps that L got me two kitchen islands, with storage space. One of our big issues has been that when we do grocery shop, we (I - I'm the one who puts all the groceries away) tend to just shove it in the pantry, fridge or freezer, and keep on moving. So, I took this past Saturday (while he was on shift) and made some magic happen:







I also purged a ton of stuff that we aren't going to eat, I'm allergic to, or was freezer burnt beyond being edible.

2) Exercise
I've gotten really lax on physical activity. So, I'm working on that. I even joined Pinterest to help me! I've found 2 30-day challenges to work on this month, and I've walked over a mile every single day. I'm even taking the dog with me some - she could use exercise too! I jogged a little bit, but have to wait to do more jogging, as my not-meant-for-exercise shoes caused my shins to hate me. Here are this month's challenges:


3) Loving Myself
I definitely go through periods where I don't love myself nearly as much as I should. I don't set aside any time for me, and I basically just spin in circles, trying to make everyone else happy. I also get sucked into other people's negativity and drama (although this is becoming less of an issue, I still get aggravated if people are only negative). I'm going to work on not always expecting or assuming the worst, and I'm going to budget my time better. Hopefully Resolution #1 above will help with that! I try to be positive most of the time, especially to "the world at large" (AKA, social media, and friends I am not very close with), and I think sometimes that is why it bothers me when people can't ever seem to find silver linings. This year I am going to love myself enough to be more open with those I can trust, and let them see that my life isn't always rainbows and sunshine. I'm also going to spend less time in groups or on sites that perpetuate negative posts.

4) Eating Habits
I'm working on having better habits and attitudes when it comes to food. Tracking is really difficult for me, so I'm not doing that yet. I have food issues, and when I track it often causes me to way under eat. It also causes me to meltdown if I can't figure out the exact calorie/carb/whatever content of something. So, for now, I'm just making better choices. I'm also not drinking for a while, which will help. I like girlie, sweet drinks - they aren't exactly low calorie, haha! I'm hoping to get to a point where I can track without the downward spiral that has always come with it in the past. I'm not rushing it, though. It is much more important to me that I work on the habits, than track everything to death.

5) Blogging
I need to get back into the habit of writing more. It's really a great outlet for me.

6) Baby Steps
I'm going remember that every step in the right direction counts! Every walk, every "better" choice (even if it isn't the BEST choice, BETTER still counts!) they count, and I should be proud of them. I'm going to work on not letting anyone rain on my parade with my baby steps. I'm also going to keep in mind that once those baby steps start really adding up, it'll be HUGE. Progress and new habits take time!

No comments:

Post a Comment