Friday, January 9, 2015

So Far, So Good!

Food:
I’ve been eating low/lower carb, overall. I’m not going all Atkins crazy, I really feel it is unhealthy for me. I’m just seriously limiting my carbs that aren’t from fruits or veggies. I’m also increasing my protein, which helps me not want as many carbs, and makes me feel better overall. I am working on dealing with how my food allergies affect my food choices. I’m allergic to soy (beans, oil, protein, flour, sauce, exceptions are refined soybean oil and soy lecithin), peanuts, and tree nuts (think almonds, hazel nuts, coconuts, cashews, etc). I’m also sensitive to chick peas we think, but I am going to try those again, possibly. I miss hummus! I’m doing fairly decent with my choices, and only had one real moment of upset over my diet changes, regarding ice cream. I was also a touch hungry, and pretty exhausted, so we’ll blame that ;-) I’m on a huge apple kick, and have figured out the key to not getting bored with them is to essentially pick up one of each type that I like, as opposed to a bag of all one kind. Variety is the spice of life ;-)

Activity:
I’ve taken 1.25-1.75 mile walks every day but yesterday. I jogged some on Friday, and gave myself a mild case of shin splints. This led to some shoe shopping at a running shoe store. They had to order my actual size, but by Saturday night, I should have GOOD shoes. That’s very exciting to me! I also got some actual exercise clothes yesterday, and cushy running socks to help prevent more foot blisters (the combination of extreme cold, the blister popping on the bottom of my foot, and lingering effects of my migraine added up to me skipping yesterday’s walk). I want to start Couch 2 5K soon, my only concern is that a lot of my walking needs to be done at work. Otherwise through the week, I wind up walking really late, and then that doesn’t help my sleep issues, at all. I’m also doing exercises, daily still. I’ve added in a burpees 30 day challenge, today was day 2. So counting January 1st, (I started walking the day before all my other work out stuff), I’ve walked over 11 miles (not counting what I will walk today!). Since January 2nd, I’ve done 70 crunches, 70 leg raises, a total of 112 seconds in planks (these all gradually increase, and there is a rest day every 4th day – so today was my second rest day), 63 booty presses (each side), 63 bridges, 16 side leg lifts (each side), and 10 squats. I decided to add some weight exercises on Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays, using my 5 pound hand weights. I’ve done a total of 60 bicep curls, 90 overhead tricep presses, and 45 standing chest flys. I had decided to add in burpees on Tuesdays/Thursdays/Saturday, too. So, I did 5 burpees on both Tuesday and Thursday. Then last night we decided to do a burpees challenge for 30 days, and I did the 2 for it last night, and 4 for it this morning, bringing me to 16 burpees so far.

Organization:
So far, so good! L folded laundry, and picked up on how I fold my shirts (they only fit in the drawers a certain way), so I was able to just put my laundry away, which was awesome. Typically I leave it go, because I need to refold most if not all of it, to make it fit. The kitchen is staying fairly not-cluttered, dishes are staying done, and the dining room table isn’t cluttered either. The bar down stairs has a few things on it, like the reflective safety gear for my walks, my ear buds, etc, but they aren’t a huge mess by any stretch! I’m definitely making and maintaining progress, in my opinion.

School:
I’m officially done with my term! I feel awesome, I flew through my last class without ever looking at the material!! I got approved to add on one more class, since I have some time. I’ve already taken the pre-assessment, and passed it. I’ve got some studying to do, but it should be no problem to get through this class. My term turns over at the end of February/beginning of March.

Weight Check-In:
I’ve lost 5 pounds! I’m really proud of losing the weight, and I know the first week or two is the easiest, but I feel really good about this. In total, I want to lose 40-60 pounds, but I am going to celebrate each time I make progress! Now to come up with some rewards as I go :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment