Monday, March 17, 2014

Another Day, Another Lenten Affirmation

First off, is Lenten a word? I'm gonna go with it for now.

So, my thing I am giving up for Lent is thinking or saying bad things about myself. I'm as guilty as the next person about doing it, and it truly erodes not only myself, but my relationships. So, instead, I'm posting affirmations.

Today's affirmation: I'm a good student, who is bright enough and has the drive to succeed. I'm doing a better-than-decent job of juggling all the demands on my time. I hereby give myself permission to be proud!

Every Monday I have a phone call with my student mentor. She is my adviser/guide/etc, and helps me stay on track. Due to time zone differences, our call is at 2100 hours, which isn't long before bedtime for this fire wife. So, I'm going to bed on a high note. D, my mentor, told me just how proud she is of my progress, and how amazing I'm doing. Just the boost I needed ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment